PLEXIGLAS®: Non-hazardous in production
Every product consumes resources in its production. At Röhm GmbH, we are working on minimizing the environmental impact caused by the production of PLEXIGLAS®.
The ingredients of PLEXIGLAS® are not harmful to the environment or to health.
- Based on current knowledge, PLEXIGLAS® products do not contain any substances in their basic chemical structure that are acutely toxic, carcinogenic, mutagenic or reprotoxic.
- PLEXIGLAS® products comply with the REACH Regulation (EC 1907/2006).
- PLEXIGLAS® products do not contain any substances of very high concern (SVHC) in quantities >0.1% (w/w) listed on the current list of candidates in accordance with Art. 59 or listed in Annex XVI published on the ECHA website.
The production of PLEXIGLAS® has a small environmental impact and generally no effects on health.
- The production of solid PLEXIGLAS® sheets complies with the globally accepted and applied standards DIN ISO 9001 (Quality management systems) and DIN ISO 14001 (Environmental management systems). Nearly all production locations are also certified in accordance with DIN ISO 50001 (Energy management systems).
- Gas emissions resulting from the production of solid PLEXIGLAS® sheets are extracted and disposed of using adequate methods, e.g. through waste gas cleaning with biological filters or through thermal aftertreatment.
- Regular operation only produces minimal amounts of waste water, which undergoes a suitable treatment process.
- Production waste is minimized and reintroduced to the production process whenever possible.
Find out more about the production of PLEXIGLAS® in sections 2.6 and 2.7 of our environmental product declaration for solid PLEXIGLAS® sheets.