Building a privacy screen for your balcony using PLEXIGLAS®
Balcony glazing made of PLEXIGLAS® functions both as a privacy screen and wind protection. Moreover, its low weight means there is no need to call an expert – even amateur DIY enthusiasts can fit it easily in just seven steps.
Which PLEXIGLAS® variants are suitable for use as balcony cladding?
Thanks to its outstanding weather resistance properties, PLEXIGLAS® is a good alternative to other materials for use as a privacy screen. The brand acrylic glass from Röhm GmbH remains UV-stable for decades without turning yellow, making it ideally suited for outdoor applications. This is backed up by a 30-year guarantee on almost all colorless, transparent PLEXIGLAS® products.
Which PLEXIGLAS® variant is to be used as balcony cladding depends on personal taste and the structural conditions.
Seven steps for building a privacy screen for your balcony using PLEXIGLAS®
- Cut the PLEXIGLAS® sheets to size or order ready-cut sheets in the online shop
- Drill holes in the balcony railings
- Apply rust protection to the drill holes
- Fix the PLEXIGLAS® sheets in place using screw clamps
- Draw fixation marks on the PLEXIGLAS® sheets
- Drill fastening holes in the PLEXIGLAS® sheets
- Screw the PLEXIGLAS® privacy screen onto the balcony railings
The following video shows what you need to keep in mind during the individual steps.